[Xorp-users] Emulating simple network for testing XORP code

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Tue Jun 30 04:52:20 PDT 2009

Rae Harbird wrote:
> Hi
>
> This was probably IMUNES. Since I last touched IMUNES, I believe it is
> being ported rewritten for the FreeBSD Network Stack Virtualization
> Project:

I was actually thinking of a Linux based solution with a somewhat
obscure name :-)  It had a XORP config generator, I think parts of it
were written in Python or possibly Ruby.

I believe IMUNES should supported by the upcoming FreeBSD 8.0 release,
of course Marko would know more.

Not sure if XORP integration is on the radar there, if at all. Major
code surgery is likely anyway, so if it did, it would probably be locked
to an earlier release.

cheers,
BMS