[Xorp-users] compilation problmes with mips

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Mar 21 13:28:05 PDT 2009

RamaKanthVarala <varala_kanth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot pavlin,
>
> Your comments are indeed very help full for me.
>
> I could able to resolve the compilation issues. Following are my changes .
>
> 1) --wiith-LD = mips-linux-ld
>
> 2) CFLAGS = "mxgots"
>
> 3) CXXFLAGS = "mxgots"
>
> 4) Enableing the PIMSM V1, PIMSM V2 and IPIP kernal modules.
>
> With above changes i could able to run the xorp on my target board.
>
> Through testing i found that it doesnot support immedieate leave , am i right ?

Typically there is few seconds latency when a receiver leaves a
multicast group, because of the way IGMP works.

> To  supports  this do i need change any thing in config.boot ?

Please see rtrmgr/config/multicast4.boot for a sample configuration
file for multicast routing. Also, see the XORP User Manual for
detail description of the configuration statements.

> How many minimum number of multicast groups it can support ?

I presume you mean "maximum" instead of "minimum".
I believe for Linux the default max. value is 20 groups (per
interface?).
See the MLD/IGMP and PIM-SM sections in the xorp/ERRATA file for
hints if you need to increase that number.

> Do we have any control like on the specific interface we can allow only the specific multicast range addresses ?

Currently the only control is by specifying the group prefix per
static-rp or for the bootstrap mechanism.
Please add a feature request to Bugzilla for per-interface address
range control.