[Xorp-users] not getting an alias

Irving Leonard irving.lp at feestudiantes.cujae.edu.cu
Fri May 1 16:44:24 PDT 2009

On Viernes 01 Mayo 2009 12:27:46 PM Bruce Simpson escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Can you post your full configuration file, and tell us which kernel
> version are you using, so that others may reproduce?

I use 4 fast ethernet NICs and combined in a bond wich name is bond0; the
network config file (/etc/network/interfaces) creates several vlans (including
bond0.601) but only the devices (not configured with ips or up). The  commented
section down is the configuration of the bond (not vlan) interface that is in
the /etc/network/interfaces.

#uname -a
Linux poseidon 2.6.24-23-server #1 SMP Thu Feb 5 15:34:58 UTC 2009 i686
GNU/Linux

#my example config:

interfaces {
  restore-original-config-on-shutdown: true
#  interface bond0 {
#    disable: false
#    vif bond0 {
#      disable: false
#      address 127.1.0.1 {
#         prefix-length: 16
#         disable: false
#      }
#    }
#  }
  interface bond0.604 {
    disable: false
    vif bond0 {
      disable: false
      address 10.8.177.129 {
         prefix-length: 25
         disable: false
      }
      address 10.8.177.130 {
         prefix-length: 25
         disable: false
      }
    }
  }
}

regards
irving
p.d.: I think is a better idea just to reply to the list.
VI Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y Educación Energética
9 - 12 de Junio 2009, Palacio de las Convenciones
...Por una cultura energética sustentable
www.ciercuba.com