[Xorp-users] rip on freebsd

John Hay jhay at meraka.org.za
Thu May 7 05:37:00 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to xorp, so maybe I just have a config problem. I am using
FreeBSD amd64 7.2-RELEASE. I am using xorp-1.6 from the 7.2 packages.
My target is to get RIP, RIPNG, BGP and PIM-SM going to replace quagga
that can do the first three but not pim-sm.

So I thought I would start with RIP, but seems that there must be a
race or something. I am sure I once saw xorp actually listening on
port 520 and exchanging RIP packets, but then I did a .../xorp stop
and start and now it does not exchange RIP packets anymore. According
to the various show commands inside xorpsh, it looks like it xorp
thinks it is working, but tcpdump show nothing being transmitted.

I have started with an empty conf file and then used xorpsh to do
the config and saved that. The config + xorp_rtrmgr.log and
sockstat.out is on http://people.freebsd.org/~jhay/xorp/

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks.

John