[Xorp-users] Xorp-users Digest, Vol 38, Issue 1

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu May 7 08:12:36 PDT 2009

JESUS RAMIREZ wrote:
> Hello all, It's me again, well , I fixed some problems in my
> configuration, (let me explain whats is my objective ) i want one
> router (xorp with red hat so ) and i tried to connect 2 computers (
> windows ) in my router and i installed 1 more eth card, but xorp
> doesn't recognized , in my interfaces only shows fxp0, discard0, in
> fxp0 i set address 10.1.1.254/24 but i don't why does't show the other
> eth card... and for discard0 has the address 192.0.2.1/32 for default
> but i dont know for what is this interface....  when i do a ping from
> windows machine shows "destination host unreachable"

It sounds like you are trying to use FreeBSD interface names on a Red
Hat system. Is this correct? As explained in previous replies you will
need to edit the rip.boot example configuration file for your system,
and consult the user manual for advice on how to do this.

Are both your Windows machine and the XORP router configured to be on
the same LAN, are they plugged in, patched etc?

> I tried to modify some files but when i tried to save it  in
> usr/local/sbin don't let me do it. ( rip.boot )

Have you checked your file permissions, is this a writable filesystem?
Which command(s) did you try to use in order to save the file?

thanks,
BMS

P.S. Please direct support queries to this mailing list as I cannot
respond personally. Thank you.