[Xorp-users] rip and different policies for different interfaces

John Hay jhay at meraka.org.za
Mon May 11 23:28:20 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have been reading some and trying stuff, but I seem to be stuck a bit.
I have found that it is possible to configure stuff that give an error
when you commit it and then something seems to get stuck and it is
impossible to get rid of it except by restarting xorp. :-)

Is it possible to have different "export" policies on different interfaces
for rip?

I have two cases. A static default route that I want to propagate on
some interfaces, but not on others. Some routes that I learn, I do
not want to propagate on a specific interface.

I had a look at "to" inside "term", neighbor is almost, but with rip
multicast is used, so it does not quite fit.

I guess I'm looking for the functionality of the quagga
router rip
 distribute-list prefix csir-prot out em1
 distribute-list prefix remote-prot out vlan1

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay at meraka.csir.co.za / jhay at FreeBSD.org