[Xorp-users] How to Launching Net-SNMP via the router manager?

jjw0927 jjw0927 at 126.com
Fri May 15 08:02:49 PDT 2009

在2009-05-15 13:42:29,"Bruce Simpson" <bms at incunabulum.net> 写道: >jjw0927 wrote: >> >> Sorry, I can not understand what you said.  >> Can you tell me some detailed processes about "how to point the XORP SNMP config at the location of the  >> *installed* MIB .so files" ? >>    > >You need to change the location of the bgp4_mib_1657.so file in your  >XORP configuration file to point to where the XORP 'gmake install'  >installation step has actually installed it. > >Shared libraries found in .libs directories need to be relinked by  >libtool before they may be used, using them directly cannot be supported. > >thanks, >BMS

Hi,
I have changed the location of the bgp4_mib_1657.so file in my XORP configuration file(*.boot file) to point to where the XORP `gmake install` installed it(in /usr/local/xorp/mibs by default). But it can not take effective. And I also can not launch Net-SNMP via XORP.

However, if I use the ospf_mib_1850.so file, it can work and Net-SNMP has been launched by XORP.

I do not know how to use the libtool file which is found in the $XORP directory(the same as Makefile and .configure) to relink the shared libraries in .libs directory. Can you tell me the command and the parameter?

Thank you very much! And I am looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes
Jin JianWu