[Xorp-users] basic querry: if xorp makes a pc router then what about node mentioned in pimsm test suite?

bhavin81 at iitb.ac.in bhavin81 at iitb.ac.in
Fri May 22 21:26:25 PDT 2009

Hello friends,

      I have got one basic querry. By using xorp we make a pc
act like a router. Then in the case of multicasting how are we
going to involve nodes as mentioned in test suite of pim-sm?
Tell me whether following statement is correct or not?If we involve nodes
then and only then igmp join or prune will be send? If yes then how
can we send igmp join from any node(pc) to xorp router?

Regards,
Bhavin,
Comm. Student.