[Xorp-users] Xorp router's performance measures

naresh raga naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 11 12:27:27 PST 2009

Hi all,

>Which aspects of the system, are you specifically interested in measuring for >performance? The question on its own is quite vague.

I am learning .So my questions can be vague.I have asked in general what are a router's performance figures.I just want to know in what all aspects a router's performance can be measured.For eg throughput,latency are two such aspects.

Are there any testbenches/test beds to measure such aspects.I think to evaluate xorp performance,there should be some aspects where xorp router platform would be put to test.What are those aspects.And what are the test beds(procedures) used.

Can anyone please guide me if there is good material in the net.I am unable to find any regarding router's performance figures and their test beds(procedures to measure them).

Sorry,if you find my English bad.

Thanks,
Naresh.