[Xorp-users] Mcast routing on FreeBSD 7.2 and 8.0

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Tue Nov 17 03:03:08 PST 2009

Bruce Simpson wrote:
> iprebeg at freebsd.org wrote:
>
>>  The problem is traffic doesn't get from 10.0.2.1 to 10.0.1.1.
>>  Also, XORP output doesn't show any reaction on incoming IGMP joins or mcasted
>>  traffic.
>>

> Please refer to my reply off-list about what needs to be done here.

An appropriate fix is committed to HEAD, and pulled up on the stable/8
SVN branch. The bug was found by Franz Struwig.

Unfortunately this fix was too late for the FreeBSD 8.0 release, so an
appropriate erratum will need to be issued by the Release Engineers
there. Once again, apologies that this fix didn't make it in sooner.

thanks,
BMS