[Xorp-users] Build problem on F11

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Nov 17 19:07:44 PST 2009

On 11/16/2009 05:54 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> Diego:  I think this patch I posted a few months ago might help.

Actually, the problem appears to be (on my machine at least), that
the 'host-os' is 'linux-gnu', but the allconfig.py was matching on
just 'linux'.  I don't know enough python to make it do a looser
match (case insensitive substring 'linux') would be my preference,
but the patch attached fixes the problem for me.

As an aside, scons doesn't detect that things are changed in allconfig.py
correctly, or I would have noticed this bug earlier (I have been
just using cashed values from before the os became 'linux-gnu'.)

I still am not sure where the 'linux-gnu' comes from.

Bruce:  Please apply this or something similar.  And, if you can build-test on
Linux, be sure to rm -fr the obj dir first to make sure the changes are
actually tested.

For what it's worth, this patch on top of the generic tree makes it build
for me on F11.