[Xorp-users] Multicast testing software

Jaime Nebrera jnebrera at eneotecnologia.com
Fri Nov 27 00:38:58 PST 2009

  Hi all,

  We are trying to test the performance of a particular scenario using
Xorp as multicast router (PIM-SM).

  We would like to endure the router multicast forwarding capabilities
(not directly related to Xorp but the Linux kernel) and also the
"management capabilities" (route discovery speed, how many subscribers
does the router support, delay imposed by the router in the subscribing,
etc).

  We are looking for software based tools that would allow us to test
this, if possible free tools :)

  We are aware of:

http://www.pim-sm-generator.com/
http://mc-mint.sourceforge.net/
http://msuite.sourceforge.net/

  Of course Agilent, Spirent, Ixia and those have great tools for this,
but well, their price is hefty and we dont require such precise and
powerful numbers.

  Any idea?

Jaime Nebrera - jnebrera at eneotecnologia.com
Consultor TI - ENEO Tecnologia SL