[Xorp-users] questions about IPv6 get_link_local_address

XORP at sipxx.com karl at sipxx.com
Wed Oct 7 18:10:07 PDT 2009

I am not so sure it really should do this totally automatically just
because OSPFv3 requires a particular kind of address. So may other
modules and this can become very non-transparent if each module just
goes about acquiring its own parameters.
This what the 'default-system-config' parameter really seems to be good for.
What I would like to suggest however, is to provide additional
qualifiers to this parameter so one can differentiate what kind of
system configuration gets imported.
so for example:
    default-system-config {
       address-link-local-ipv6: true