[Xorp-users] questions about IPv6 get_link_local_address

XORP at sipxx.com karl at sipxx.com
Thu Oct 8 16:00:09 PDT 2009

That's a reasonable scenario, I suppose. If users need to specify a
parameter, they can, and if they use the default-system-config in
addition, they get the rest from default.

There were some other issues with this parameter from my experimentation.
If I have an interface in the configuration file that uses
'default-system-config' and nothing else, it works as expected.
But then, if I remove the directive from xorpsh->configure and replace
it with an address specification and commit the change, the address does
not get configured, I had to save the configuration in a file and
restart rtrmgr in order for it to get configured accordingly. This was
for an IPv4 address.