[Xorp-users] XORP IGMPv2 <-> XORP IGMPv3

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Oct 19 08:40:48 PDT 2009

Philip Romanov wrote:
> Question, I guess, would be if XORP supports downshifting into lower version IGMP compatibility modes as per RFC? Any configuration file options that I missed?

I believe that it does, but I didn't write it. Pavlin Radoslavov wrote
most of PIM and IGMP in XORP, he is not currently active on the project.
I know that it can be tied down to specific versions of IGMP, however,
the Older Querier Present behaviour isn't something I've exercised.

If it doesn't, this is probably something which needs to be looked at as
a spec compliance issue, and the best time/place to do that is as part
of a 1.7-RC. If you come up with a patch in the meantime, even better.

If you could raise a Trac ticket about this issue on Sourceforge, then
someone can look into the issue as time permits.

regards,
BMS