[Xorp-users] Error while building xorp-1.6 :g++-4.3: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)

naresh raga naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 22 05:44:55 PDT 2009

Hi Bruce,
I have searched for this error in net.It is indicative of less RAM.G++ ran out of RAM memory while building the executable.
I have worked on 128MB RAM and on 500MHz arm based machine.To get rid of this,I have used the lower version g++-3.3 and xorp-1.4.Even in this case also while generating executables for next_hop_resolver.cc, plumbing.cc in bgp and area_router.cc ,peer.cc in ospf,I got the same error from g++-3.3.So,I have removed bgp and ospf protocols and built  xorp-1.4.xorp_rtrmgr working fine..but i think bgp is compulsory for routing the packets out of the domain.I can manage without ospf but bgp is needed.
I have a question here:are these protocols bgp and ospf memory intensive.

I am thinking a solution for bgp to get built into xorp-1.4.I will use cross-compiler and build this module separately in my x86 machine.I will add this module into xorp-1.4 and then i will separately build rtrmgr once again to add bgp configured into it.

Is the above way a right approach?Or is there any solution to get bgp into already built xorp-1.4?Or is there any alternatives to bgp protocol that is available in xorp platform(I am unable to find one, please help me.)

Regards,
Naresh.

      Connect more, do more and share more with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn more. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/