[Xorp-users] Error:XrlRouter Failed.No Finder?while running ./xorp_rtrmgr

naresh raga naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in
Sat Oct 24 04:06:37 PDT 2009

hi Bruce and JTC,
Thanks for your help regarding this error.I had done some experimentation to definitely say that this error is due to less RAM or processor speed.I would like to share with you.

I had built xorp-1.4 on 500MHz,128MB RAM arm9 based board, having 2.6.21 kernel and debian sarge OS, but not with all protocols configured.I had to leave bgp and ospf which resulted in g++-3.3-Internal error:Killed( program cc1plus).Final xorp_rtrmgr is running fine on the board.I took this xorp-1.4 (built) onto 200MHz,64MB RAM arm9 based board,having 2.4.26 kernel and debian sarge OS.I tried to execute ./xorp_rtrmgr on this board.But it resulted in XrlRouter Failed.No Finder? error.

Now I can say that the error is because of less RAM or processor speed.I don't think the error is due to kernel.I just want to inform this to you people who helped me lot.
Make a note of this error in bugzilla,please.

Regards,
Naresh.

      Add whatever you love to the Yahoo! India homepage. Try now! http://in.yahoo.com/trynew