[Xorp-users] Error:XrlRouter Failed.No Finder?while running ./xorp_rtrmgr

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Oct 25 08:08:05 PDT 2009

naresh raga wrote:
> hi Bruce and JTC,
> Thanks for your help regarding this error.I had done some
> experimentation to definitely say that this error is due to less RAM
> or processor speed.I would like to share with you.
>
> I had built xorp-1.4 on 500MHz,128MB RAM arm9 based board, having
> 2.6.21 kernel and debian sarge OS, but not with all protocols
> configured.I had to leave bgp and ospf which resulted in
> g++-3.3-Internal error:Killed( program cc1plus).Final xorp_rtrmgr is
> running fine on the board.I took this xorp-1.4 (built) onto
> 200MHz,64MB RAM arm9 based board,having 2.4.26 kernel and debian sarge
> OS.I tried to execute ./xorp_rtrmgr on this board.But it resulted in
> XrlRouter Failed.No Finder? error.

It sounds like you probably ran into a resource limit of some kind.

The XORP memory footprint has probably gone down a good deal since 1.4,
thanks mostly to JT's work at XORP, Inc.; and also down to catching some
heap stuff in that spin.  It might be worthwhile trying again with the
latest code in SVN.

cheers,
BMS