[Xorp-users] Xorp installation fails on Ubuntu

mahendra nunna mnunna0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:02:26 PDT 2009

hi

I am trying to install XORP on ubuntu 9.0.4 ... kernel
2.6.28-16-generic......

I have installed all the dependencies mentioned in the BUILD_NOTES......

./configure

make

check make            ---- everything PASSED

however when i tried to use the xorp shell (xorpsh)... this is wat i m
getting

mahen at ubuntu:~$ xorpsh
The program 'xorpsh' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install xorp
bash: xorpsh: command not found

.. this is totally confusing to me ... can anyone help me with this... i
have been working on this for 3 days... i m not good with the linux
internals

thanks