[Xorp-users] Newbie struggling with Multicast routing

Roger Truitt rtruitt at hatterasnetworks.com
Tue Sep 1 13:43:18 PDT 2009

With my limited Linux skills, I don't know if I'm deciphering the
ip_mr_cache correctly, but if Iif is the vif index, it does not match
the physical index of eth1.

xorp at st-linux1.hatteras.com> show interfaces
eth1/eth1: Flags:<ENABLED,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 speed 100 Mbps
        inet 10.10.10.10 subnet 10.10.10.0/24 broadcast 10.10.10.255
        physical index 3 <<<<
        ether 0:e:c:83:12:c7
eth2/eth2: Flags:<ENABLED,BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 speed 100 Mbps
        inet 10.20.20.20 subnet 10.20.20.0/24 broadcast 10.20.20.255
        physical index 2
        ether 0:4:2e:1:e1:9c
xorp at st-linux1.hatteras.com>

If this is the case, how would one correct this mismatch?

I do not have igmp snooping switches in my simple setup yet.  That was
the next step.  I wanted to get just the xorp router working between the
video server and client  before adding a igmp snooping switch to the mix
(baby steps).

may contain confidential and proprietary information of Hatteras
Networks, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email
message, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be
advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review
and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.