[Xorp-users] Error:XrlRouter Failed.No Finder?while running ./xorp_rtrmgr

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Sep 2 07:44:43 PDT 2009

naresh raga wrote:

>     I have also read on some mailing list that this error usually
>     happens when the cpu is overloaded.Is that 32MB SDRAM is
>     insufficient to run xorp ?

32MB is probably really pushing it. 64MB is perhaps a more realistic
lower bound.

>     What are the minimum requirements of hardware to run xorp?Is that
>     the error happens in my case is really because of insufficient
>     processing power or memory requirments?

Without run-time profiling, I couldn't say for sure exactly what the
minimum requirements would be. I've had XORP run on a PII-400MHz with
128MB of memory, albeit without all routing protocols configured.

Again, as development has always happened on x86 systems of reasonable
spec, we really rely on user contribution and experimentation here for
the community code, except where the code is known to support specific
targets.

thanks
BMS