[Xorp-users] running xorp_rtrmgr

victor omwando vommwa at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 10:02:06 PDT 2009

  https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/xorp/

>You will need a SourceForge account to submit bug reports, or participate in development in XORP SVN.

Oh, sorry I meant config.boot. After downloading the latest sourcee from the repo and corss-compiling it, rerun rtrmgr and the problem did not show up. I was using an old version of xorp-1.6 that I obtained from the website a few months back and did not really work with. Everything checks out now.

> Another thing, still keeping with the -d and -b options, I find that I can't use both at the same time ie if I use -d first, the xorp_Rtrmgr process will be daemonized,but it wil ltry and open /usr/lib/xorp/boot.config, regardless of which config file I specify using the -b option. When -b <configfile> comes first, the process does not daemonize. Also, is there a gatekeeping system in place for the SVN repos? Thanks.

At the moment, only JT Conklin and I have commit access to the public SVN. We'd like to open it up to contributors, and docs/ would be an excellent starting point, as these changes are usually much easier to review and push in than for the source code itself (the xorp/ module on trunk).

To update the PDF documentation, you'll need to check out the docs/ module in the repository, and update the LaTeX source files.

The docs/ themselves are now also built with SCons, and you'll need a full TeTeX or similar toolchain installed; usually, installing Kile (the KDE LaTeX editor) is enough to pull in all the tools you'll need on most systems.

[...]

thanks,
BMS