[Xorp-users] Problem with scons build in xorp 1.7-WIP

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Tue Sep 15 11:02:37 PDT 2009

Hi Naresh,
naresh raga <naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in> writes:
> Thanks J.T.Conklin.
>
> Yes,The problem is with the version.I have upgraded scons to the
> current version 1.2.Now ,Its running properly.Now I have one more
> question.Can I build this current version of xorp for arm
> architecture using cross-compiler following the steps in
> BUILD_NOTES.

No, you won't be able to build with the steps in BUILD_NOTES, as the
support for the GNU Build System (GBS) based build has been removed.
This is something we'll need to update for the 1.7 RC.  In a way, I'm
glad you pointed this out.

Cross compilation support is not up to the same standard as it was
with the GBS build, but it _should_ be possible with a little work.
You may run into some rough edges that you'll have to adapt to.

Ideally, something like:

   scons arch=arm os=linux CC=arm-linux-gcc CXX=arm-linux-g++

would work, but there isn't any code to allow you to override CC or
CXX in the toplevel SConstruct yet. For now, you'll have to edit it
and explicitly set env['CC'] and env['CXX'].  See where we do it for
env['STRIP'].

I'll see if I can add a command line override of CC and CXX in the
next day or so.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin