[Xorp-users] Problem with scons build in xorp 1.7-WIP

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Tue Sep 15 11:27:56 PDT 2009

naresh raga <naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in> writes:
> Hi Conklin and Bruce,
> Now I am facing new error with scons build of xorp-1.7-WIP
>
> obj/i686-linux-public17/libxipc/libxipc.a(hmac_md5.o): In function `hmac_md5':
> /home/student/xorp/libxipc/hmac_md5.c:63: undefined reference to `MD5_Init'
> [...]
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
> What is this error.How to get rid of it. Where are the definitions
> of functions related to MD5.

Hi Naresh,

XORP uses the crypto functions from OpenSSL's libcrypto library.
libcrypto should be added to each SCons environment that is used
to build/link an executable that uses libxipc.  As far as I can
tell, this is only currently done in libproto.

We may have missed this because many systems now have MD5 functions
with the same API/ABI in libc as well.

You may be in the best position to find out where this is needed.
If you are able to fix the problem for your system, please send
the patch to us and we'll try to integrate it.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin