[Xorp-users] Problem with scons build in xorp 1.7-WIP

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Tue Sep 15 14:22:55 PDT 2009

jtc at acorntoolworks.com (J.T. Conklin) writes:
> Cross compilation support is not up to the same standard as it was
> with the GBS build, but it _should_ be possible with a little work.
> You may run into some rough edges that you'll have to adapt to.
>
> Ideally, something like:
>
>    scons arch=arm os=linux CC=arm-linux-gcc CXX=arm-linux-g++
>
> would work, but there isn't any code to allow you to override CC or
> CXX in the toplevel SConstruct yet. For now, you'll have to edit it
> and explicitly set env['CC'] and env['CXX'].  See where we do it for
> env['STRIP'].
>
> I'll see if I can add a command line override of CC and CXX in the
> next day or so.

Hi Naresh,

I added this to the SVN repo's SConstruct this morning, and tested it
a cross building for a powerpc 85xx using ELDK 4.2.  There was a small
problem in VRRP related to pointer alignment, that I think you'll find
with the arm as well, but other than that it built fine.

For reference, the command line I used was:

    scons CC=powerpc-linux-gcc CXX=powerpc-linux-g++ STRIP=powerpc-linux-strip arch=powerpc os=linux strip=True DESTDIR=/tmp/foo install

Hope this helps.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin