[Xorp-users] Problem with scons build in xorp 1.7-WIP

naresh raga naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in
Thu Sep 17 02:34:29 PDT 2009

Hi Naresh,

I think Bruce is correct in assuming that you're trying to run the
executables in the build/object directory instead of an install tree.

While I think you can make this work by following Bruce's advice, I'll
recommend that you "install" XORP and use it from the install
location.  By default, the install location is /usr/local/xorp.  You
may already know this, but this can be overriden by specifying
"prefix=/foo/bar/quux" on the command line when you invoke scons.

Hi Bruce and Conklin,
Actually I have tried building scons using prefix=/home/student/xorp.But nothing is getting installed into that folder which is supposed to be the install path.I have also tried to build without prefix using the default install path /usr/local/xorp.Even then nothing is getting installed into /usr/local/xorp.What could be the issue?

Thanks for your constant valuable suggestions.
Naresh.

      Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/photos