[Xorp-users] Problem with scons build in xorp 1.7-WIP

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Thu Sep 17 09:49:50 PDT 2009

naresh raga <naresh_raga at yahoo.co.in> writes:
>>Off the top of my head, you need to specify the '-t' switch to
> xorp_rtrmgr to >change the search path for the template files. However
> I'm not sure this will >work for the XRL files -- I think you need to
> set XORP_ROOT in the >environment to point to obj/ here, as it will have
> the layout it's looking for -- >assuming you are trying to run XORP from
> a SCons build directory without >installing it.
>>--Bruce
> The interesting part is there is no etc directory in my obj folder.
> So what I have done is:
>
> student at student-desktop:~/Desktop/xorp/obj/i686-linux-public17/rtrmgr$
> sudo ./xorp_rtrmgr -x /home/student/Desktop/xorp/obj/i686-linux-public17/xrl/targets -t /home/student/Desktop/xorp/etc/templates
>
> [ 2009/09/17 12:37:36  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:19254 RTRMGR +255 rtrmgr/main_rtrmgr.cc run ] Shutting down due to an init error: Error in module olsr4 XRL olsr4/common/0.1/get_status->status:u32&reason:txt: the XRL is not specified in the XRL targets directory
>
> What is this new error?

Hi Naresh,

I think this demonstrates some of the issues I raised about protocol
coupling in one the messages I sent yesterday.

The OLSR protocol is in the "contrib" directory, since it's not (yet)
considered a core part of XORP.  As such, we've deferred adding it to
the SCons build.  But since router manager templates and XRL target /
interface files for all protocols have to be in the same directories,
there are olsr4.cmds and olsr4.tp files in the etc/templates directory.

I believe that these, without the rest of the OLSR protocol, is what's
confusing the router manager.

You may have luck by removing these files and carrying on as you had,
but I think it's best that you work from an install tree.  I sent a
message earlier this morning that should explain what you were missing
wrt. that.

Good luck,

    --jtc

--