[Xorp-users] Problem with scons build in xorp 1.7-WIP

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Sep 20 07:39:09 PDT 2009

naresh raga wrote:

> I am not getting any errors for scons build if I am not
> cross-compiling.What could be the issue.I have observed the reduction
> in size of xorp_rtrmgr when I have built with shared libraries
> enabled.I am really curious that this can solve my issue.Please help
> me out.

As JT points out, it just sounds as though you need to have a
cross-compiled installation of OpenSSL in your staging area for building
cross-compiled binaries. These are separate and distinct from the
libraries installed on your host system. If you are using a shared
library version of OpenSSL, you will need to find a way to deploy them
on your target once you've built the source.

You might find this online article useful:
    http://landley.net/writing/docs/cross-compiling.html

thanks,
BMS