[Xorp-users] querry related with cache miss control message

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Mon Sep 21 07:45:14 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm afraid that I can't be of great help on this issue at the moment.
The best thing I can suggest is that you read the MROUTING
implementation itself (in either the Linux or BSD kernels) and learn how
it works.

bhavin81 at iitb.ac.in wrote:
>  Now my
> question is
> what happens to the data packet since kernel only passes the header and
> control message to the user.

If PIM is not active then my best guess is the packet will be dropped,
however if a PIM register vif is up and enabled, the packet will
probably be tunneled and forwarded to the RP.

thanks,
BMS