[Xorp-users] OSPF Hello messages not exchanged after some period, and link status becomes dead

Dejan Petkovic dexpetkovic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:38:33 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 03/31/2010 07:06 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>
> err, I was editing this by hand a bit....router id below should be
> different than the previous one.
>
> The main thing is that you need the unique router table ID in
> the FEA config.
>
>>          router-id: 127.1.0.1
>>          area 0.0.0.0 {
>>              interface "rddVR7" {
>>                  vif "rddVR7" {
>>                      address 2.2.2.2 {
>>                         interface-cost: 1
>>                      }
>>                  }
>>              }
>>
>>          } /* area */
>>      }
>> }
>

> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> --
> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>
> Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com

Ben hi,

The explanation was 100% clear, even more than that :) I had the
config file prepared except the table-id input.

Now, I can start two rtrmgr instances on one virtual machine, but how
do I enter into the rtrmgr's terminal? Plain xorpsh does not work and
gives back:

[root at srv5 xorp.ct]# export XORP_FINDER_SERVER_PORT=5556
[root at srv5 xorp.ct]# xorpsh
Unexpected exception:   thrown did not correspond to specification - fix code.
XrlPFConstructorError from line 38 of libxipc/xrl_pf_unix.cc -> Cannot
allocate memory
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'XrlPFConstructorError'
Aborted
[root at srv5 xorp.ct]#

I have tried assigning a port to xorpsh as you saw, but this is of
course wrong...any ideas?

Btw, I see rather high CPU usage level with only two virtual machines,
with three xorp_rtrmgrs on it. On AMD Athlon X4 620, it loads CPU
approximately 40%.

Lastly, I should use traffic generator for my tests. However, I had
some difficulties in installing RUDE traffic generator, so I was
wondering if you could suggest a better, more stable solution?

Thanks 100x!
Dejan