[Xorp-users] How can I Update XORP configriation on the fly without having xorpsh?

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Mon Apr 5 01:44:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am interested in minimal xorp installation.3

Till I have managed to get around 12-13MB of binary size
by installing elite binaries (for IGMP and PIM)
(those are xorp_rtrmgt, fea, rib, xrl, pinsm4, mldigmp and
Other libs)

I want to further cutdown xorpsh (cli xorp shell).
(Though xorp can start without xorpsh,  but I needed it
To load dynamically changed configuration to/form config.boot)

So basically is it possible, if I change boot.conf file externally
(by text editors), then send some signals( by any mean) to xorp to
load new boot.config file (without Having xorpsh installed) and
without restart xorp services.

-Thanks 2 all,
Saurabh