[Xorp-users] How can I Update XORP configriation on the fly without having xorpsh?

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Tue Apr 6 00:17:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

Well I wish to get 9-10 MB (OSPF,BGP,RIP,VRRP,STATIC ROUTES, POLICY not
required)

We (Ben G. almost, & me also at little) have save 2-3 MBs by saying by-by to
IPV6 code from FEA,PIM and RIB, git patches are at ben's tree.

Still I think there might be other places from where we may save another 1-2
MB for IPV6 truncation.

For specially me (other then IPV6, I am eager to remove CLI shell of xorp,

if some utilization of direct "CALL XRL like" method is available would be
best to avoid xorpsh  for below two reasons,

1) To Save 1.2 more MB by removing xorpsh
2) I want my external programs (SAY my web GUI/my scripts), to interact with
xorp. (directly, if call_xrl kind methods are avilable )

Well, currently I am trying to get xorp.ct version without LOGS and trace ..
lets see.

Thanks,
Saurabh