[Xorp-users] RIP configuration is unable to learn routes.

Garry Peirce peirce at maine.edu
Wed Apr 7 11:46:56 PDT 2010

yes.

from RFC 2453 3.9.2 -
Because processing of a Response may update the router's routing
table, the Response must be checked carefully for validity.  The
Response must be ignored if it is not from the RIP port.  The
datagram's IPv4 source address should be checked to see whether the
datagram is from a valid neighbor; the source of the datagram must be
on a directly-connected network. ...