[Xorp-users] Fwd: Actual FIB Structure

Adam Greenhalgh a.greenhalgh at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 9 02:02:09 PDT 2010

anyone know the answers to this ?

adam

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kyuhan Nam <airkh at email.arizona.edu>
Date: 9 April 2010 09:56
Subject: Actual FIB Structure
To: "a.greenhalgh" <a.greenhalgh at cs.ucl.ac.uk>

Hi, Adam.

Sorry to send an email without your permission, but I have trouble to
post to the XORP mailing list.

Could you help me figure out this problem below?

I tried to find the actual structure of FIB.

I traced ‘XrlFibClientManager::send_fib_client_add_route’ to see where
the actual FIB entries are stored.

I saw ‘success = _xrl_fea_fib_client.send_add_route4(…’ inside, and I
found _xrl_fea_fib_client is  XrlFeaFibClientV0p1Client type.

So, I traced  bool send_add_route4 inside.

I saw  ‘return _sender->send(…)’ inside. This process is too
iterative, so I’m lost here L

Anyone knows where can I find the FIB table? (tree or list)

One more question, I found that the RIB is implemented with the tree.
What kind of tree is this? Patricia Trie,Binary trie or other types?

Thank you in advance