[Xorp-users] How can I Update XORP configriation on the fly without having xorpsh?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Apr 9 14:58:25 PDT 2010

On 04/09/2010 06:18 AM, saurabh wrote:

> Ben,
>
> patch:
>      I have modified patch (previous was too hard coded, pls consider
> this only as log removal patch)
>      I modified it so that with def-undef to hook with scons.

I don't see any patches to scons.

Also, instead of just defining things to /* */, maybe it should be: do { } while(0)

That way if someone put the xlog in an 'if' statement without parenthesis, the
logic flow will not be altered.  Hopefully the compiler will not actually
generate any object code for the do { } while(0).

For the trace logic that asserts, I'd #define it so that it still did
assert, even if it didn't use any of the logging stuff.  A core file would
probably have plenty of good information to debug the problem.

> Lightweight mld-igmp:
>      I found one option in upstream code "configure
> --with-mld6igmp_lite", this option includes
>      lightweight mld-igmp(contrib directory) then regular mld-igmp.
>
>      With xorp.ct is it possible to compile code with this option, i
> think it would possibly save few
>      KBs.

No idea, I haven't ever looked at it.  You might look at how I enabled
OLSR..maybe something similar would work for lightweight mld-igmp.