[Xorp-users] How can I Update XORP configriation on the fly without having xorpsh?

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Mon Apr 12 06:23:12 PDT 2010

On 04/10/2010 03:28 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 06:18 AM, saurabh wrote:
>
>> Ben,
>>
>> patch:
>>      I have modified patch (previous was too hard coded, pls consider
>> this only as log removal patch)
>>      I modified it so that with def-undef to hook with scons.
>
> I don't see any patches to scons.
>
> Also, instead of just defining things to /* */, maybe it should be: do
> { } while(0)
>
> That way if someone put the xlog in an 'if' statement without
> parenthesis, the
> logic flow will not be altered.  Hopefully the compiler will not actually
> generate any object code for the do { } while(0).
>
> For the trace logic that asserts, I'd #define it so that it still did
> assert, even if it didn't use any of the logging stuff.  A core file
> would
> probably have plenty of good information to debug the problem.
>

>> Lightweight mld-igmp:
>>      I found one option in upstream code "configure
>> --with-mld6igmp_lite", this option includes
>>      lightweight mld-igmp(contrib directory) then regular mld-igmp.
>>
>>      With xorp.ct is it possible to compile code with this option, i
>> think it would possibly save few
>>      KBs.
>
> No idea, I haven't ever looked at it.  You might look at how I enabled
> OLSR..maybe something similar would work for lightweight mld-igmp.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Hi Ben,

I am getting in to scons, and modified my patch, that is now with scons
arguments,
Usage is as below,

"scons disable_tracelogs=yes disable_fatallogs=yes disable_infologs=yes
disable_assertlogs=yes disable_errorlogs=yes
disable_otherlogs=yes "

when you disable all logs (may u can only open info log) it approx.
saves 1.3 MBs (on my machine :) ).

Still One thing is not pleasant in my patch is, I have commented -Werror
from SConstruct,
may this need some batter solution.  May One condition can be added in
SConstruct that
check any of log disabled , then force scons to compiler without -Werror
else with -Werror.

Thanks,
Saurabh