[Xorp-users] problem with traffic replication in multicast routing

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Apr 13 16:25:33 PDT 2010

On 04/13/2010 04:09 PM, Miroslav Todorovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My network has five virtual router and one switch. I also use one server
> to stream the file on the network. Router that is connected to server
> has three interfaces. When I stream file, bit rate that I have on
> incoming router's interface (interface that receiving stream from
> server) is not the same as the bit rate on other two outcoming router's
> interfaces where I have client that is set to receive this streaming
> file. Bit rate on two outcoming interfaces is about half bit rate that
> is on the incoming router's interface.It should be the same bit rate
> because of traffic replication. Does anybody know what is problem here?

Please sniff the interfaces with something like wireshark
and see if the ports are actually passing multicast traffic.

Are your client systems receiving any multicast traffic?

Can your client systems ping the server (using normal IP packets)?

You might look at /proc/net/ip_mr_vif and /proc/net/ip_mr_cache
to see if you detect proper entries there.