[Xorp-users] Fw: Re: problem with traffic replication in multicast routing

Miroslav Todorovic miro_todorovic at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 01:49:56 PDT 2010

--- On Thu, 4/15/10, Miroslav Todorovic <miro_todorovic at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Miroslav Todorovic <miro_todorovic at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Xorp-users] problem with traffic replication in multicast routing
To: "Ben Greear" <greearb at candelatech.com>
Date: Thursday, April 15, 2010, 3:59 PM

I think you are absolutely right. I've tried to shut the router down and noticed that streaming still exists. Probably switch is taking control of routing, and there is no more need for router, because all clients are directly connected on switch.

I will try to reorganize my network topology. Maybe I could not use more than one virtual router per one physical computer.

Do I have to use any unicast routing protocol, such static or ospf, to enable multicast routing (I mean in router configuration in config,boot file)?

Thank you very much for helping!

Regards,
Miroslav