[Xorp-users] Xorp Router with ISP (RP discovery?)

saurabh saurabh.pandya at elitecore.com
Sat Apr 17 06:11:30 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I wish to connect my xorp router (with 3 Ethernet ports total) directly
to ISP.

eth3 of my router is WAN, and eth1 - eth2 are local zone.

While PIM-SM4 Bootstrap section is to configured as below (rightnow !)

    bootstrap {
            disable: false
            cand-bsr {
                    scope-zone 224.0.0.0/4 {
                    is-scope-zone: true
                    cand-bsr-by-vif-name: "eth3"
                    bsr-priority: 10
                    hash-mask-len: 30
                }
            }
            cand-rp {
                group-prefix 224.0.0.0/4 {
                    is-scope-zone: true
                    cand-rp-by-vif-name: "eth3"
                    rp-priority: 45
                    rp-holdtime: 150
                }
            }
        }

My question: When some hosts under eth1 , eth2 (local zone) have multi-cast
receivers of some multi-cast group (say 239.1.1.45),

"Then xorp router will able to obtain RP-set for each Multicast Group
address
by BSR mechanism from ISP router-path?"  (First Considering ISP router
is PIM enabled
then other case)

Anybody have tested this? or Static RP for each know group will have to
supplied
manually?

Thanks in advance
Saurabh