[Xorp-users] Anyone have the icsi1.mrtd file?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Apr 21 12:07:04 PDT 2010

On 04/20/2010 09:58 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> I'm trying to get the bgp/harness stuff working, and the inject.sh script
> references a file "icsi1.mrtd".
>
> I found this reference, but it's not obvious to me how to create
> the file from what those links are talking about:
> http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2007-September/002028.html
>
> If anyone has a copy of the icsi1.mrtd file, or knows how to create one
> sufficient to stress test bgp, please send me a link (or the file).
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Nevermind on this..I think I found an acceptable work-around for
my purposes.  One can use 'call_xrl' to 'originate_route4'
and poke a route into bgp.  BGP then updates its peer(s)
accordingly, as far as I can tell.

So, I can script that call_xrl logic and poke in thousands of routes
to do my testing.

Also, I noticed that the bgp/harness logic appears to use a single
callback loop (request, wait for response, do another request, etc)
to load the mrt file, and that is likely to be quite slow since most
of the time processes will be waiting on responses.  Call-xrl isn't
any better in that respect, but it's easier.  And, I could probably
run lots of call-xrl processes in parallel to load routes faster.

Either way, by loading in one bgp router and then letting it peer with a second,
the peer-sync logic should be 100% production xorp code, and can be
optimized/debugged independently of any test harness logic.