[Xorp-users] Error writing to routing socket: No such process

Edwin Schokkenbroek edwin at spacebugs.nl
Sun Aug 15 08:09:09 PDT 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 11:22 PM, Ben Greear wrote:

> On 08/01/2010 03:25 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>>
>>> Well the route message is solved but while testing the change further, by complete recreating the configs I noticed that there seems to be another issue, when I use a show command the permissions on files the /var/tmp directory are causing trouble:
>>
>> I haven't had time to make the permission changes yet.  Patches welcome if someone else
>> has the time..otherwise, I'll try to get to it soon.
>
> Can you try top-of-tree xorp.ct?  I added chmod logic that might fix your problem.

I tested your changes  and It works :-)  Thanks a lot.

Edwin

> Thanks,
> Ben
>

>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>

> --
> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>

Edwin Schokkenbroek
edwin at spacebugs.nl

Engineers are full of great ideas. Making things better is what we're built to do. However, when it comes to engineers, there seems to be an inverse relationship between great ideas and great communication skills. This is what gets us into trouble.