[Xorp-users] Xorp starting problem

Luca Belforte luca.belforte at student.uclouvain.be
Mon Aug 16 10:44:32 PDT 2010

Ok for ECMP i have found nothing.

In fact i only configured a network with 8 routers, realy simple only OSPF
and using Linux forwarding.

the topology is as following (sorry for the poor draw)

R1 -------------------------- R2
|      \                       /  |
|        R5-----------R6      |
|          |   \      /   |       |
|          |      X      |       |
|          |   /      \   |       |
|        R7-----------R8      |
|     /                       \   |
R3----------------------------R4

So basically two square, and each edge is connected with the same edge in
the other square. All costs are 1.
If i want to ping from R4 the interface on R5 facing R1 i have 3 possible
path: R4 - R2 - R1 or R4 - R8 - R5  or R4 - R3 - R1  all costs 3. In this
case ping doesn't work from R4. If put down one link, example R4 to R8, only
two will remain, and in this case i can ping the interface.

If i do not put down the link all the routers excepted for R4 can ping the
interface R5-R1.

I hope is a little bit clear.

Thanks

* *