[Xorp-users] Xorp starting problem

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Aug 16 13:43:52 PDT 2010

On 08/16/2010 01:21 PM, Luca Belforte wrote:
> I'm using xorp.ct, i get on the git, no sure about the version but it
> was downloaded 3 days ago.

Thanks..as long as it's relatively current, it should be fine.

> The route on all routers are correct, traceroute block on the 2 hop. (If
> i'm pinging R1 to R8-R4 interface it stop on R2) but if i do a
> traceroute on R2 it works. All tables are correct and show the correct
> next-hop. Neighbors are all well established
> What is more amazing is that sometimes it works for let's say 5-10
> traceroute and after it stop again to work.

You might try:  ip monitor (or similar command if you are not on Linux)
and see if routes are flapping.

Also, I'd start some sniffers on R2..if it receives a pkt, and has
proper route, then it should forward it regardless of any other xorp
behaviour, as xorp is NOT in the packet forwarding path for normal
IP traffic.

You might also sniff all interfaces to make sure it forwards out the
correct one.

> The others routers have similar configuration.
>
> Well maybe is the virtualbox internal network who have problems. In any
> case for my test this is not really problematic.

It would be good to verify with real hardware or some different virtualization
technique.