[Xorp-users] BGP router is not receiving BGP routes

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Aug 20 16:11:22 PDT 2010

On 08/20/2010 04:01 PM, Edwin Schokkenbroek wrote:

> When dealing with full routing tables ... I can image that a couple of these instances can effect performance. What is the best test to do ?
> Testing in a virtual machine, or testing it on real hardware (or both)? Memory will become a serious issue when loading full BGP routing table(s).

Well, running on real hardware should get you the best performance out of your
hardware, but virtualization is also pretty good these days.

As for memory use, etc..I really don't know how much xorp will need/use
for lots of bgp prefixes.

When you get it set up for performance testing, perhaps we could
run xorp under oprofile (if using Linux), or some other tool to
profile the code and see where best to optimize things.