[Xorp-users] Very beginner question

Stevan Grbić 05/0486 gs050486d at student.etf.rs
Sun Feb 7 14:10:03 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm very beginner in Linux & XORP, so I have a few basic questions.
(I have installed XORP on two ways, first like it is shown in Getting
started, I have downloaded xorp...tar.gz then i have untared and ungziped
it after that i have downloaded make, g++, gcc and libssl-dev and installed
it. Next I have typed ./configure in the xorp folder where is file VERSION
and after that typed make install instead gmake (because I couldn't link
gmake with make). The other way I have installed was with command sudo
apt-get install xorp). And here is my command line when I type xorpsh

sg at sg-desktop:/$ xorpsh
Waiting for xorp_rtrmgr...
[ 2010/02/07 22:59:11  ERROR xorpsh:1619 RTRMGR +91 xorpsh_main.cc
wait_for_xrl_router_ready ] XrlRouter failed.  No Finder?
[ 2010/02/07 22:59:11  ERROR xorpsh:1619 RTRMGR +908 xorpsh_main.cc main ]
xorpsh exiting due to an init error: Failed to connect to the router
manager
sg at sg-desktop:/$ uname -a
Linux sg-desktop 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC
2009 i686 GNU/Linux
sg at sg-desktop:/$

what should I do next? (I'm using xubuntu under Sun's VirtualBox)

Thanks a lot!