[Xorp-users] IGMP Query Configuration

CouchSurfer globalcouchsurfer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 09:22:31 PST 2010

Hi guys,

I have an application that want to join multiple groups with the same
group address but on different ports (for example 224.0.30.1 : 50001
and 224.0.30.1 : 50002)

So in my application I do a simple setsockopt(sockfd, IPPROTO_IP,
IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, (some ip_mreq struct), sizeof(ip_mreq));

However, it seems that IGMP only set subscription request using the ip
address but not port number, so I end up receiving both 224.0.30.1 :
50001 and 224.0.30.1 : 50002.

Is there any way I can configure xorp so that group membership
subscriptions are done as a ip / port combo?

Thanks for your help