[Xorp-users] Installing Xorp-1.6 in Fedora-12-x86_64

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Feb 10 07:08:02 PST 2010

On 02/10/10 01:31, Fazlina Zuria Mohd Anuar wrote:
> Thanks Ben&  Bruce.
> I didn't know how to reproduce it with SVN.

Do you have Subversion installed?

If so:
  svn co http://xorp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xorp/trunk/xorp

You should be able to build it with GCC 4.2.1 and SCons 1.2.0 just fine.

> Last I checked, xorp svn won't compile on F12 because of changes to
> cpp....
>
> Ben

Doesn't Fedora have a yum-installable package of a previous compiler
version which could be used until the CPP kinks can be worked out? GCC
4.2.1 seems fine as a baseline.

FWIW someone(tm) should find time to try Clang, the LLVM native
front-end; it looks like it will knock the spots off GCC.