[Xorp-users] Debian packages for Xorp (was Re: stand alone pim and igmp from xorp)

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino jfs at computer.org
Fri Feb 12 05:43:37 PST 2010

2010/2/10 Bruce Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net>:
> We need a volunteer to package XORP for Ubuntu/Fedora/CentOS.

Why for Ubuntu? Xorp is already packaged for Debian [1] and the same
packaging should be good for Ubuntu too.  Actually, Ubuntu already
provides the (Debian) packages for its distributions. They have not
updated their package versions, they will probably automatically do so
when they sync with Debian testing.

What might actually be useful is to have people helping testing out
the Debian packages for Xorp in Debian and contributing there. There
are packages available for the latest release (1.6-1) currently
available in Jose Calhariz's repository:
dget http://web.tagus.ist.utl.pt/~jose.calhariz/xorp_1.6-1.dsc

I have to review these and update the 1.6-1~rc2 version currently
available in Debian "sid".

Regards

Javier

[1] http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xorp