[Xorp-users] stand alone pim and igmp from xorp

Mohd Arif mohd.arif at nechclst.in
Sat Feb 13 09:18:22 PST 2010

Hi,
XORP implementation of IGMP and PIM can't be used as standalone services.
The XORP multicast architecture is such that PIM-SM make use of FEA, MFEA, FIB2RIB, IGMP, RIB modules of XORP.
It means the binaries of these modules are mandatory for successful operation of XORP PIM-SM.

Following XORP binaries (at least) are required to run PIM successfully:
xorp_rtrmgr, xorpsh, xorp_fea, xorp_fib2mrib, xorp_igmp, xorp_pimsm4, xorp_rib, send_cli_processor_xrl, call_xrl, xorp_finder
Don't forget to use the template files and xrl files of XORP.

As far as test set up of PIM-SM is concerned, I think proper understanding of PIM-SM using it's RFC, may help you to think of a test setup.
You can also go through the PIM-SM testsuite provided by XORP.

Best Regards,
Mohd. Arif