[Xorp-users] RIP with LiveCD

Stevan Grbić 05/0486 gs050486d at student.etf.rs
Tue Feb 16 07:34:35 PST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to test rip with LiveCD (I'm running this tests with Sun's
VirtualBox and two virtual machines booting with LiveCD with bridged
interface each). I have red few post with rip problems,beside using given
configuration for xorp, I don't know how should my kernel routing table
look like, and which addresses should I add?!
My kernel routing table (after booting, before entering into xorpsh),loged
in as a root,
after

netstat -rn:

Internet:
Destination   Gateway   Flags   Refs   Use     Netif  Expire
127.0.0.1     127.0.0.1  UH      0     138293   lo0

Internet6:
Destination        Gateway    Flags     Netif
::1                 ::1

and so on

and after
ifconfig:

le0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether mac address...
        media: Ethernet autoselect
        status: active
enc0: flags=0<> metric 0 mtu 1536     (this interface I wasn't enabled
during XORP starting up)
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x3
        inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

Hope this would be helpful.
I'm trying to run basic rip test, to ping form one XORP router loopback on
another router, as I wrote in previous post.

Thanks a lot!

SG